the First Chairperson of the Board of Trustees
Brief Biography (Kozaburo Kobayashi)
- Born in Ibaraki Prefecture on June 29
- Joined Takahashi Toyo-Do, a cosmetics manufacturing company
- Headed the sales division and was appointed General Manager, Administration
- Quit Takahashi Toyo-Do
- Established Kobayashi Unlimited Partnership (a cosmetics manufacturing and selling company)
- Established Kobayashi Kosé Co., Ltd.; became Representative Director and President
- Established Albion Co., Ltd.
- Became Vice Chairman of Tokyo Cosmetic Industry Association
Formed a technology partnership with L’ORÉAL of France
- Became Chairman of Tokyo Cosmetic Industry Association and Representative Director of the Japan Cosmetic Industry Association
- Established the Kosé Beauty Academy and was its first Principal
- Became Representative Director and Chairman of the Kobayashi Kosé Co., Ltd.
- With an endowment of one billion yen, established the Cosmetology Research Foundation for the development of cosmetic studies and became the Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Became Honorary Chairman of Kosé Co., Ltd.
- Died on July 22, aged 98
Awards and Honors
- Was awarded the Third Order of the Sacred Treasure
- Was awarded the L’Ordre national du Mérite from France
- Established a fellowship by donating 100 million yen to his hometown, Iwai City
- Was awarded the title of Honorary Citizen by Iwai City